Flowing Wells Unified School District
Homer Davis Elementary
On behalf of the entire Homer Davis team, we welcome you to our school's webpage. Each month we will provide you with updated information that is important for you to know about our school and community. Our goal is to provide our students with the best quality education. I have great confidence that our staff will provide the best educational opportunities for our students. We have an AMAZING team made up of true professionals that care about giving their absolute best every day to make a difference! In "building the bridge both ways," please be actively involved in your child's education. As a team, WE can make a greatest impact on student achievement. Reading, writing, and practicing math facts with your child are strongly encouraged. Extra consistent practice at home will lead to greater success, enabling your child to enjoy school and have more fun learning in the classroom. Also, any hours that you can volunteer in the classroom is strongly encouraged and appreciated.
We expect to get off to a great start to the 2016-17 school year! Please reinforce the following concepts and values with your child to improve their success at Homer Davis. These expectations are critical to our team's success. I will always look to provide praise, recognition, and appreciation for students who demonstrate:
• Respect- Striving to "treat other people how we want to be treated." This of course starts with valuing oneself.
• Effort- Being the best we can be every day. We need to bring our "A-game" to achieve our personal best, get the best possible grades, and make a positive contribution in the classroom.
• Responsibility- Becoming more independent in completing tasks without being constantly reminded. It is always important to improve our skill of “disciplining” ourselves.
• Teamwork- Working together as a school, grade, class, or smaller group to reach a common goal. We will be looking for unselfishness and patience in all of our students.
• Sense of Humor- Being able to enjoy our journey together each day. We need to embrace appropriate humor, being able to laugh with each other, and enjoy being together as a school community.
• Integrity- Trying our best to be honest in “Doing what we say… saying what we do.” The ultimate goal is to “do the right thing even when no one is looking.”
We hope to see you at our upcoming Parents’ Welcome Night on Thursday, August 25th. Kindergarten will take place from 5:00-5:30, Grades 1-3 from 5:45-6:15, and Grades 4-6 from 6:30-7:00pm.
Communication is the key to our team's success! Please talk with your child's teacher in regards to any question or concern you have. Please contact me at school if I can be of help, by email email@example.com or by phone 520-696-8251. I look forward to working with you as a team to provide the best possible education and programs for our students.